Naughty and Nice Lingerie has something for everyone and every mood. Let me help you feel beautiful underneath it all. Victoria's Secret, Hustler, Miss Behavin', Fantasy, Delta Burke, Espiral, Lux Fetish, Lelo Pleasure Products, Dreamgirl and more. Regular and plus size lingerie, adult toys, novelty items and lingerie accessories. Call or text me with your order at 201 878-4996.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Can A Yeast Infection Develop Under the Breast?


Recently, I was speaking with a girlfriend who revealed to me that she had a terrible rash under her breasts and wondered if I had any advice to offer. I honestly didn't know what to tell her. I thought that maybe it was an allergic reaction to a new bra? No. Tight bras? No. So I researched this, as I always do when I don't have an answer, and found that what she may have had was a yeast infection! Yes, I was very surprised...but here is what I found.

A yeast infection can occur when folds of skin, such as those under the breasts, come into contact with each other. Yeast infections under the breasts are caused by normal skin flora overgrowing due to the warm, moist environment. They are more likely to occur in women with large breasts.

The most common symptoms of a yeast infection under the breasts are redness and swelling. In some cases, there may be oozing and itchiness in the affected area. Tiny red patches sometimes surround the main part of the rash. The skin may peel and become quite sore. Untreated yeast infections in skin folds can remain indefinitely.

Yeast infections under the breasts can be treated with anti-fungal treatments, such as over-the-counter medications sold for athlete's foot or jock itch. It is crucial to keep the area dry and clean until the infection has cleared up. You can use a warm blow dryer under your breasts after showering to speed healing. If the infection does not improve within a few days, consult your doctor. You may require prescription medication to treat the infection.

Be sure to shower after exercising, to clean away any bacteria. Also try using a cotton bra, versus synthetic bras, to help with the healing process and moving forward. Please do not substitute my information for a doctor's visit. I cannot diagnose your rash from the other side of this computer screen. but if this information helps to prevent any such health issues, then I am glad to provide it to you.

Here is a link to the cotton items found at Naughty and Nice Lingerie.com

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this excelt article on healt.

Kathy G said...

great article who knew

BBPartyGirl said...

Very informative blog!

Debbi Andersen said...

wow i think back to when I was a G and I prob had YI then on occassion .. but anytime i had a rash i would do most of what you suggested and it would clear up! I will def keep an eye out though .. being informed is half the battle!!

Momma Goddess Treasures said...

Ouch! Live and learn, thanks for the heads up!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...